We were not given a specific pattern for our 12.5 inch blocks but we were asked to try out something new. I decided to try some fabric origami–I have had a book for years but, I’ve never finished anything with these little cuties. I really enjoyed the mix of linen with the regular quilting cottons–definitely something I’d like to do more of.
I also got to do a 6.5 inch cornerstone block. For this block, I tried a little bit of reverse applique in the very center of the flower. The traditional applique around the petals was def. not new to me! But, for some reason, I hadn’t ever tried reverse applique–it’s an easy enough application and I’ve wanted to try it for awhile.
All in all, a fun month–the other blocks are shaping up great and the quilt is gonna be pretty darn fancy. These are not fabrics that I would have typically paired together so, it’s interesting to see how it’s all coming together.