My First Quilt

1. Carrie says:

Hi Corey ~ They're both wonderful! I love the girly-goodness of Chloe's quilt, and the perfection of the appliqued background of your first quilt. 🙂

I'm with you, I would much rather piece than quilt. I know, some folks think that's just wrong but I don't worry about them. 🙂

Thank you for sharing your quilts and stories!

2. Lucy says:

Glad you overcame your reluctance to quilt because you are a natural… That is one amazing "first" quilt. Applique??? Oh my. It must be in the genes.

I rather piece too, cuz my quilting can never measure up to what a LAQer can do. They can make a wonky quilt look great. Thanks for sharing…

3. Lollydo says:

AMAZING! I LOLed when I read that you repeatedly refused to take up the offers from others and learn how to sew/quilt! I too never wanted anything to do with it! (i think my mom laughs behind my back now that i am so into quilting!) I am impressed with the applique on your first quilt and the color choices in your second quilt would make a girls heart sing! Thanks for sharing!

4. Nicole says:

Your quilts are gorgeous! And you are so right, that applique just adds the most wonderful element to a quilt. I really need to do more of it!

5. dotti white says:

I absolutely think both of your quilts are beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

6. dokiquilts says:

wow–your first quilt was quite impressive. i browsed through your blog and love your choice of colors–i'm working with Pop Garden right now and trying to think of what to do with Fresh Cut & Farmer's Mkt–thanks for the inspiration!

7. Whosies says:

wow- that first one is great!! good for you. mine, not so great. 🙂 thanks for sharing!

8. Bowlby says:

Your quilts are beautiful! I know your daughter will cherish the one you made for her.

I love that you started quilting as an outlet for your fabric obsession. Sounds familiar…

9. Erin says:

That pink and green is SO pretty!