I was so excited when Kendra asked me to join the Quilting Divas bee. The premise is the same as the 3×6 bee I talked about earlier–6 blocks for 6 ladies made using one pattern in 6 different colorways. The ladies in this group are just phenomenal & I am receiving some stellar blocks. =)
I decided to use a pattern called Courthouse Star which is a paper pieced block. I always love a scrappy block and this one fit the bill perfectly. One note, if you decide to try one of these blocks, when printing out the template for the center square portion I had to resize it to 110%–but, the star point templates needed no resizing. Always a good idea to double check the one inch test square before starting.
One of my favorite parts of this sort of bee is that I get to choose the fabric combos from my fabric stash for everyone’s blocks–fabric pairing is such fun. =)
Rene asked for blocks made using aqua, green and white with a white background. The inspiration block that she made up was comprised of Moda’s Hunky Dory line of fabric. I had a partially used honeybun from this line which worked perfectly for all those skinny little strips.
Kendra asked for blocks using aqua, green, brown/linen & Kona Stone for the backround. I noticed several of the other girls were using some Modern Meadow for this block–I really liked how the darker navy from the Modern Meadow line mixed in with the aquas & greens. And I am glad to have added Kona stone to my Kona collection–it’s a wonderful neutral khaki sort of color.
Kelly asked for blocks using pink, gray & green with a Kona Charcoal background. She specifically listed these hexagons I made as inspiration–how nifty, right?
And here is Kelly’s block:
Tracey wanted blocks made using taupe, aqua, olive green, gray/linen colors and a linen background. I think this block turned out so pretty. Kelly was kind enough to send out the linen fabric to our group members so we would all have the same kind–how sweet! =)
Colleen wanted blocks made using white, blue & brown with a white background. This was probably the most difficult one for me as my brown fabrics are seriously lacking! I also find that my blues tend to go more toward an aqua rather than basic blue. I opted to add in more white on this one & I think it turned out great.
Jessica asked for blocks in aqua, lime green, purpley/plum and white with a white background. I loved the opportunity to use some of the Art Gallery fabrics that I hadn’t had a chance to use yet.
I’m hoping for a round 2 in this group. The blocks the girls are cooking up are just wonderful! =)