What’s Up With Little Miss Shabby?

1. Meg says:

Thanks for sharing! I was just thinking today how it is interesting to see how much my interests have kind of grown and changed since I learned to sew- which is not nearly as long as you!

Also, those jeans are adorable!

2. traceyjay says:

whoa! look at you go!

cute stuff… by the way. 🙂 (though I'm kind of partial to your quilting!). 😉

3. Mary says:

Love it! So much fun to hear about your history and background. Thanks for sharing!

4. live a colorful life says:

You satin stitched those appliques on those little jeans? Wow, I'm totally impressed. Just thinking of maneuverability…

And thanks for insight into you. Love it.

5. Rachel Hauser says:

Thanks for sharing. I had wondered… Glad you're here blogging now!

6. Fat Chick Design says:

cool, very interesting and your daughter is super cute! What great inspiration.
    I am glad your taking a rest a bit now though, two children is a handful on its own!
    Bonnie
    🙂

7. Cris A says:

Thanks for sharing! Uuber cute stuff!!! I have a 20 mo old niece would look just darling in that stuff!

8. Jeannette says:

Love the story! Cuteness….just flowed over into your beautiful quilting, love your work.

9. Shayla Sharp says:

Great story–and those clothes are so adorable, no wonder you were making 100s! Maybe one day you'll put your adorable appliques into a book for the rest of us!

10. Terriaw says:

I have always wondered why "Little Miss Shabby", so now I'm happy to know the story. Such a great story too! I think it's so cool to learn that you used to make such adorable custom outfits. I can see why you would get burned out, but it sounds fun. I adore that strawberry shortcake outfit!

11. Ranae says:

I remember your listings on ebay…they were some of my favorites (along with some great designers/seamstresses like Sweet Feet Boutique, Ritchie*Rags, Kirsten's Kreations, Mamapatrice, ect). Does that date me? When my dd was small I was into the boutique clothing as well but when they get a bit bigger it's more fun to sew something that will last longer than a couple months — at least they can't 'grow out of' a quilt! LOL