More Hand Quilting

1. Rhonda says:

One of the things I did yesterday (sunday) was to gather the supplies for you Birdie Stitches BOM. Funny the only thing the store I went to didn’t have was floss. So, the other store doesn’t open till tomorrow (Tuesday) I will go then.

2. Jackie says:

Beautiful! The hand quilting really adds interest to the block.

3. Rhonda says:

I am curious…what and size of needle do you use for these birdie blocks? Please keep in mind this is my FIRST attempt at this type of stitching.

4. I love the hand quilting on this. It really adds another layer of interest to the lovely block. Jxo

5. aneela hoey says:

I like the sound of mixing the hand and machine quilting, alot of work though!
    I started a new version of my crazy scrappy quilt yesterday, those scraps were starting to haunt me!

6. randi says:

the addition of the handstitching is great!

7. Dawn says:

I finished up a baby quilt to donate to Quilts For Kids yesterday. My first 100% finished and washed quilt, and it’s going to make a child happy….feels great!!

Once again, your hand quilting is beautiful. Your stitches are so tiny, straight, and perfect!! *sigh* I need to practice! 🙂

8. Looking good! My Sunday project was finishing a PDF pattern that I started a YEAR ago. Felt good! Hey, want to test it? Not kidding.

9. Sarah@SewMe says:

Such a beautiful block and your hand quilting is exquisite!

10. I worked on Single Girl quilt-along. Finally! And I’m really loving the combo of hand and machine stitching. this block looks great!

11. Jeni says:

Really beautiful! Your hand quilting is awesome! 🙂

12. Susan says:

This is going to look wonderful…I love the combo of hand and machine quilting!

13. Quanita says:

your hand quilting is stunning, love how it looks in the middle of the pinwheel area!

14. Leanne says:

You quilting is perfect! I have a set of sampler blocks to put together and quilt, thank you for the idea to consider hand quilting the pieced blocks.

15. Allison says:

Love it! My favorite colors (of today, anyway!) all together on a comfy pillow. Who could ask for more?

16. bingobonnie says:

ooough such soft colors. Your big stitch quilting around the outsides looks great!

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

17. So pretty. The combination of quilting styles will highlight the blocks even more. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.