A Painting Project
The girls and I have completed another fun summer project. I don’t remember where I first saw this nifty project but I knew it was one we just had to do.
We started off by painting our canvases–purchased pretty cheaply from Joann’s. Chloe got annoyed because I started snapping pictures before I got their paint ready to go.
We used one small bottle of acrylic paint–we probably could have used just a dab more.
It only took about 20 minutes or so to paint the canvases. We chose a pretty windy day so we had to chase after things every now and then…oh, and pick off some grass bits from the canvases.
I should probably mention, that I falsely assumed that since this paint was water based, that I would have no problem washing it off the driveway even after it had dried. I was wrong.
I didn’t take any pictures of the next step. We water colored heavy sketch paper and then using a butterfly punch after the watercolors had dried, punched out a myriad of butterflies. I picked up the stamp from Joann’s–those 40% coupons sure do come in handy! =) We then glued the butterflies onto the canvas and…voila…instant art.
We really have been having a great time this summer! =)
On another note, I wanted to thank everyone for all of the wonderful comments about my post on Randi’s blog! =) I am working on a more thorough Q&A to answer some of the questions that I received about applique. If you have any questions about applique, shoot me a message or leave it in the comments and I’ll try to cover it. =)