Summer Days

1. beautiful fabrics you pulled together. So special you still have your Grandma, Grandma’s are the best 🙂

2. Gina f. says:

I love the colors and prints you have pulled together! You are so lucky to get that slice of quilt history from your grandma! Have a great weekend.

3. Cindy says:

I loved reading your post and hearing abut your time with your Grandma. And of course your fabric stacks are lovely. You sound very relaxed – good for you!

4. Love that 2nd photo…nice shout-out for my maiden name, (I’m sure that is why you did it, right?)
    🙂

5. Ann says:

Oh wow, where did you get those fabrics, which range are they from, would love to know where I can get similar here in the UK? Just love the greys and turquoise.

• Corey says:

They are fabrics from my stash from a wide variety of lines. California Girl by Fig Tree Quilts has a similiar feel with corals, yellows, greens, blues.

6. Kate Brown says:

How wonderful you have your grandma to share things with. Have you made a quilt together? Beautiful fabrics you have selected 🙂

• Corey says:

It really is. I’ve talked quilts with her before but not to the extent that I did yesterday. We haven’t made a quilt together but she did make a quilt for each one of her grandkids so I do have that!

7. Being a “grandma” myself, I love reading grandma stories. Unfortunately I have only 3 sons and 3 grandsons…..my granddaughter is not interested in sewing, so I have no one to share my love of quilting with or pass on fabrics and stories. I lost my grandmother 40 years ago and miss her every day, so continue to cherish your time with yours! I enjoy reading your blog and seeing all your beautiful fabrics…….thank you!

• Corey says:

Thanks so much Diane! I didn’t have any interest in sewing until after I was married–your granddaughter might surprise you yet!

8. Diana Nelson says:

Your grandma sounds like mine although we had canning in common. You fabrics are so pretty and I bet your grandma had many good ideas for their use. My mom sewed a lot but only clothing so I just wish she and I could have had time to quilt together as I know she would have been as intrigued as I am by how much you can do with fabrics now. Keep us informed of what happens with this latest batch of fabrics.

9. Tamie says:

What a beautiful selection. You can come pull fabrics in my stash any time.

10. Cherry says:

So sweet to have your grandma around…treasure those moments Ü
    LOVE your fabric photos… would love one of each of your fabrics, they’re so yummy!

11. Brenda says:

What is the fabric called that has a teal background with the white flowers with orange/red centers and black stems? I see it off and on and just love it but I do not know much about the fabric. Thanks for your help

• Corey says:

It’s from the Farmdale line of fabric by Alexander Henry.

• Brenda says:

Thank you so much!!! I did find it but only in red not the teal, but now I know what to keep my eyes open for. I just want to say you have the most wonderful website and you make the most beautiful things. What an inspiration you are!!!

12. Teri says:

I love your choice of fabrics! Can you please share with me what is the name of the yellow fabric that has the text writing on it? It says SEEDS, etc on it. Thank you so much!