Norman, the Sock Monkey

1. Becky says:

I totally am a hand-made gift giver. And I either give the whole gift as something handmade, or a small part of the gift is handmade. This is what I made to give this Christmas:

Co-workers, Mom, and sister: Small crocheted, snowflower ornaments
    2 nieces: knit boot cuffs
    2 teacher gifts and 1 friend: chunky, hand-knit cowls
    son and daughter: a 5-pillow case bed rest
    mother-in-law: a reversible knit scarf
    Lots of people: Springerle cookies

Pinterest and Ravelry are the root of my problem, oh, I mean obsession. I hope people enjoy receiving hand-made gifts. I sure do enjoy making and giving them.

2. Marilyn says:

That lil sock monkey is adorable…I have been wanting to make one for a while but..seems I just never get to it:) Well..I must confess that I am guilty of buying most of my gifts..other then aprons..I think all of my friends have gotten a cute ruffle apron for one or the other of their b-days:)

3. Teresa says:

I’ve never been much of a sock monkey fan, but my daughter in law is, and Norman has helped change my opinion. I’m definitely excited to make her one for Christmas…. to go with the flannel pj’s and slippers I already bought for her!

4. Carla says:

Everybody in my family seems to have an opinion. I love your version of a sock monkey

5. Kathleen OGrady says:

Norman is so adorable! I love that he is a different color than the red and grey, it is quite becoming of him! I can see myself making a few if these with assorted colors, how fun.

6. Lauren says:

Love your “Norman! Must make one when I get time after Christmas. His stripes are in all the right places. So cute.If you are gift giving to a child remember Don’t use bottons for the eyes, remove them and embroider eyes on.

7. Jennifer D says:

Oh my, yes! My husband is FULL of opinions, but esp. when it comes to my various projects. Whether I ask him or not! LOL And I am indeed a hand-made gift giver. We actually don’t give gifts to our children, since they get so much from grandparents (plus we give them things throughout the year, so we don’t feel it’s necessary). But we do have a family party where the cousins pick a name out of a hat and that is the person they give to. Since we have 8 children, buying gifts quickly become expensive. So we make (most of) our gifts. This year, we have made/still working on:
    a table-top tent, 2 curtain sets w/ matching pillows, a bag for crocheting supplies (plus the supplies), a rubics cube ottoman, Lego-like blocks w/ a fabric box to store them in, a Matchbox car mat (it has a Walmart, gas station, construction zone, a church, houses, a park, etc. on it), Flats dolls w/ their clothes and a house for them (by Angela Yosten), and an artists tote (you cut your bag down the sides, attach zippers to each side, make pockets for crayons, pencils, markers, brushes, etc. ahd then when the bag is zipped closed, you skip your sketch pad inside.). Whew! We started all this at the end of October ans we’re not done yet! But my kiddos are doing a great job and the end is in sight! (It helps that our family party isn’t until December 31)

Merry Christmas!