A Change of Pace

1. Carla says:

Good morning. Your pile of fabric and floss looks very appealing. I’m looking forward to seeing what you tempt us with. I remember your little birdie stitches from when I first started following you : )

2. Are you a Downtown Abby fan? That’s a great series! Back seasons are available free, if you have Amazon Prime. My daughter gave me the dvd box set of the first three seasons and my husband is enjoying them for the first time as I listen & do my hand stitching!

Another great series is Call The Midwife, it’s currently available on Netflix.

Very pretty fabric and so many colors of floss! Can’t wait to see what’s in store for them!

3. Peg says:

I’m with Carla – can’t wait to see what you’re going to tempt us with! “Birdie Stitches” was what led me to you way back when …. 😉

And okay. I’ll ‘fess up. I too have a store-bought quilt on my bed. It’s not from PB but it might as well be. The good news is we’ve been through two rounds of pups in the last 2 years and they’ve done quite a number on that store-bought quilt. It’s full of holes and rips and such, and I’d much rather them tear up that quilt than one I’ve poured my heart, soul and too much time into making.

That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it ….

4. Lauren says:

Yes you are the only woman in the world who quilts and has a store bought quilt on her bed….unlike me……who has a lovely quilt made by myself on her bed, without the binding on it! And it has been this way for over 6 months! So that is the other side of the coin. LOL!

5. Ava says:

Nothing can be better than a BOM with hand quilting. So excited.

6. Cindy says:

Yay! Can’t wait to see your version of Starlit Evening!

7. Lisa E says:

I learned about the Rainbow Loom this Christmas from my nieces. Definitely addicting. I love embroidery, so I’m looking forward to your “BOM of sorts”. Lastly, both of my girls have Pottery Barn quilts!

8. Kay Aycock says:

Beautiful fabrics and threads!! Would you please tell me what kind of batting you prefer for handquilting? And what kind of threads?
    You have probably talked about it at length, but I missed it.

And of course, I too, have a store-bought spread on my KING sized bed! :o)

Thanks!!
    Kay

9. Katy says:

Lol…I make quilts and I have a Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic quilt on my bed. I love that old faded quilt and I believe it inspired me to quilt in the first place.

10. All those thread colors make me drool! LOL Can’t wait to see what you are up to! Have a happy day!

11. Margaret R says:

For about seven years we had a quilt from Walmart on our bed. I finally made one for us last winter.

12. Karen Seitz says:

I’m looking forward to seeing progress on your project. I too have a PB quilt on my bed, and like Peg, the main reason is because of my pooch. 🙂

13. kara says:

No way am I going to piece and quilt a king sized quilt, so I, too, have a PB quilt on my bed. And pb shams, duvet cover, and bed skirt. Just call me lazy!

14. Marilyn says:

Can’t wait to see that quilt:):) Have you ever watched The Great British Sewing Bee? I really enjoyed their first season..don’t think they have done a second one as of yet..you can find it on Youtube…If nothing else..the british accents are so fun!!!

15. KatieQ says:

I wish I could say I have a PB quilt on my bed. I have a “down alternative” comforter from COSTCO enclosed in a duvet cover from Home Goods. I do have to say it is very warm and cozy. I don’t have the energy or the inclination to push a Queen size quilt through my machine.
    I treated myself to a Kindle Fire for my birthday with Amazon Prime. We don’t have cable, so I am watching lots of shows that are new to me while I cut and iron my fabric.

16. SarahB says:

I have a Cabela’s comforter on my bed with deer on it. Not my first choice but he said it stays till I make a king quilt. I’m still afraid of quilting that size on my little Janome so I guess it can stay for now. My son, who has several of my homemade quilts, has a PB quilt on his bed… no excuses for that one because he’s only 4 years old.
    I can’t wait for another embroidery quilt-along by you!! Loved the Birdie stitches…

17. Jeifner says:

Fun, love the rainbow colored threads.

18. rosa says:

Beautiful threads.Can´t wait to see your quilt,have fun.!!
    I hanquilting all my projects.