Vintage Vibe Blog Tour

1. Judy says:

This book looks like a “must have”, I think I definitely cracked! Your small quilt ist just beautiful with these soft colours!

• Corey says:

Judy it is a really beautiful book and the quilts are wonderful. The few pictures that I have shared from the book are just a taste of how pretty everything really is! =)

2. Sue H says:

Playing Favorites is beautiful! It is funny how we all seem to love making/sewing churn dash blocks lately!

• Corey says:

I know!–I love when the traditional favorites make a come back in new and exciting ways. And it’s interesting that it’s often the simple blocks that people keep coming back to…9 patches, log cabins, churn dashes, sawtooth stars–and the list keeps going! I imagine those are some of the first blocks that people make when they begin quilting and people are always drawn to what ignited their passion.

3. Carol Scott says:

The churn dash quilt is beautiful

4. melissa says:

I love vintage and minis!!
    Looking forward to seeing more

5. amber says:

Thanks for all the love Corey! I’m so glad you are on the tour! And I LOVE your mini churn dash! Now I want to make some mini’s too!

6. LINDA says:

HI, love the aqua quilt !!!
    Thanks for sharing in the tour!

• Corey says:

It’s a beauty isn’t it! I’ve had an aqua/white quilt on my bucket list for quite some time. This quilt makes me want to get cracking!

7. Joyce Carter says:

Thank you for sharing today. All the quilts I have seen from the book are awesome. I think this book is one of the “must haves”. Churn Dash blocks just happen to be one of my favorites.

8. Marie Chat says:

This book looks so cool. Love the way Amber’s taken traditional and put a little modern spin on it. Love the gray quilt with the petals and long vine. But of course the churn dash design is so fun and different. Your mini looks to be adorable! Bet it’ll be perfect for a table runner or topper. Thanks!

9. Cecilia says:

I love all of the quilts from this book. It has been added to my wish list. Thanks for sharing.

10. What a great looking book! I love Churn Dash blocks too! 🙂

11. Dorothy Schreyer says:

I really like your little churn dash block, I have on my bucket list a reproduction of a quilt I saw in a book of little 3 inch churn dashes done in a monochromatic color scheme. Someday!

• Corey says:

That is what size my minis are!–They are the cutest things. I’m only doing 12 of them though to make a mini quilt. I can’t even imagine making a large sized quilt out of them. That would be amazing!

12. carol says:

I like the colors gray in the first quilt showing. But the churn dash is a tie. The first quilt block I ever did many years ago was the church cash. It is worn and very dated calico fabric, thread bare, and not the best quilting, but it makes me happy when I see it.