Splendid Sampler-Block 13 Scrap Star

1. Darlene says:

Corey, thank you for the early release, your block is beautiful, Chloe perfect job on your blocks, you are very talented.

2. Guida says:

Thank you for the lovely block and congrats to your daughter, what a great quilter she is and only 10. She puts me to shame. Hooray for both of you.

3. Karen Seitz says:

Oh, so pretty! I love those prints and your color placement. Please tell Chloe for me that I am jealous of her beautiful piecing and applique. I might need some lessons from her on matching points and even-looking applique. Happy Easter!

4. Susan says:

Your daughter’s block is very impressive! That’s great that she is interested in sewing and how nice that she can learn from you! Thanks for sharing! Love this Splendid Sampler (year event) idea and look forward to seeing all the great blocks that everyone will be making!

5. elsabean says:

Love your daughter’s blocks ~ they are so sweet. I was sewing at a young age (making my own clothes), wish I’d known about quilts then.
    Thank you for the lovely block ~ just printed out the instructions and I’ll be getting right to it!

6. Little Quiltsong says:

Beautiful star block! And your daughter’s blocks – wow!! I was probably still hand sewing a few silk doll flowers and ribbons to my barbie doll hats at that time :)! She is amazing – good work!!

7. Sheryl Logan says:

I absolutely love this little block…star blocks are my favorite blocks. I have lots of little scrap pieces I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with them. This gorgeous little block is just the ticket! Thank you for sharing your creative flair!!!

8. Betty Harden says:

Absolutely splendid as usual. Can’t wait to make this one. Hope mine looks as good as Chloe. Your daughters are so cute and talented. Good job both of you.

9. Janice King says:

Love your block! Yes, those teeny pieces are just too darned cute to waste. Going digging in my scrap basket now! Thanks for the block pattern and sharing your daughter’s work with us. She’s going to be a true quilter. Love her choice of fabric.

10. Petra says:

Thank you Corey for this lovely block. Looking forward to making this???? Your daughter can see beautifully!

11. Gwyndean G Candelaria says:

I started sewing when I was young because my mom did, I love it when daughters are eager to sew with their moms.
    I love this little star block, the corner framing is unique and my favorite part because of that.

12. I enjoyed making your block and I used different material on my corners and it looks beautiful. Thanks for the design.

13. Ratheesh says:

good post

14. loosecannon2 says:

Chloe,
    What can I say except your blocks are gorgeous. You’ve a great eye for colour & texture; keep up the quilting & we will soon see your name in lights!